CITY AND COUNTY RECYCLING SERVICES
Alexandria, VA (http://www.alexandriava.gov/ResourceRecovery)
- Recycling Centers: (http://www.alexandriava.gov/tes/solidwaste/info/default.aspx?id=19208) These recycling centers will accept old makeup, lotions, and other grooming chemicals we use to clean ourselves.
- Medicine Disposal: The Neighborhood Pharmacy in the DelRay neighborhood of Alexandria. (http://www.delraypharmacy.com/location-hours/)
Arlington, VA (http://recycling.arlingtonva.us/)
- Recycling Drop Off Centers: (http://recycling.arlingtonva.us/recycling-drop-centers/).
- Medicine Disposal: According to the Arlington, VA website, there is no drop-off location where medications can be disposed. Do not dispose of any medications via the toilet or in your garbage. Instead take them to The Neighborhood Pharmacy in Alexandria or to H&M Specialty Rx, Ltd., in Washington, D.C.
Washington, D.C. (http://dpw.dc.gov/service/recycling-collection)
- Neighborhood Recycling Pickup: (http://collectionday.dcgis.dc.gov/) The District of Columbia doesn’t have any drop off locations. Instead, all neighborhoods are on a pick-up schedule.
- Medicine Disposal: According to the DOJ/DEA’s Department of Diversion Control, H&M Specialty Rx, Inc. at 5454 Wisconsin Ave. #400 Chevy Chase, MD 20815 (Tel: 301-718-0900) accepts and will dispose of old and no-longer used medicine.
Articles Listing WDC/NoVA Organizations That Take Donations:
“Clean House, Support a Good Cause” (Arlington Magazine)
New York City, NY (http://www1.nyc.gov/site/dsny/recycling-and-garbage/residents.page)
- Borough Collection Schedule Pickup: (http://www1.nyc.gov/site/dsny/recycling-and-garbage/collection-schedule.page)
- Special Waste Drop Off Sites: (http://www1.nyc.gov/site/dsny/recycling-and-garbage/residents/special-waste-drop-off-sites.page)